Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Blue Bed Quilt Part 4, without the quilt!

This post is to update you on the progress of my Blue Bed quilt... I am still working on the quilting.  It is a pain, I really hate quilting queen size quilts!  My back and my arms hurt from pushing and pulling it all through the machine.  I finally decided on some widely spaced stitching in the ditches.  I wanted to do a bunch of fun "modern" quilting, but it was just too much with such a large quilt.

In the meanwhile, my husband and I spent the weekend painting an accent wall in our bedroom!


The blue of this wall is going to go so nicely with the new bed quilt and seeing how badly it clashes with the old quilt gives me a good reason to keep working through all the quilting!  I did make the current quilt on the bed back when I was single.  My husband has never liked the colors, which is why I am now making us the new quilt.  You can see my quilt inspector is inspecting the old quilt too.  He especially likes to try to eat any loose threads...

No comments:

Post a Comment