Thursday, November 6, 2014

Houston International Quilt Festival- What's For Dinner? 2014

I announced a while back that I had a quilt make it into the "What's for Dinner?" exhibit at the Houston International Quilt Festival and I was excited to see it in person last weekend!

Here is the description of this exhibit from the call for entries:

"What’s For Dinner?
One thing we, at International Quilt Market and Festival, have noticed is that our quilters not only have a passion for fabric, notions, and sewing machines, but also a passion for FOOD! Whether it’s going out to eat or cooking something in their own kitchen, this is a creative interest and/or hobby in which many quilters take part.

International Quilt Festival wants to know what you are having for dinner tonight, and would like to invite you to participate in our new exhibit, What’s for Dinner?, which will premiere at International Quilt Market and Festival 2014 in Houston.

We’ll “set the table” for this Special Exhibit on the show floor with enlarged “place settings”, complete with a placemat/tablecloth, napkin, fork, knife, spoon, and a plate full of “what you are eating for dinner.” This could be your favorite dinner at home, in a restaurant, or what you have for Sunday dinner. We are excited about this theme and hope that it will show a variety of interpretations, fabric choices, and views into different cultures, rituals, and lifestyles. Think colorful, fun, outside the box, and visually appealing!

The jurors for What's for Dinner are Jamie Fingal and Leslie Tucker Jenison."

Without further ado, I am excited to show you my quilt!

 The quilts in the exhibit were arranged on a long table, which looked like it was set up for a big dinner.


I'm going to apologize now, because I totally forgot to take separate pictures of the table decorations in the center of the table.  However, I do have pictures of all of the "placemats" and I will share them here to give quilters inspiration for this exhibit for future years.

Please feel free to use my pictures on your blog, but please credit me and link back to this blog post!









The roast beef on this quilt totally looked real!





This one was probably my favorite (besides mine, of course!)- called "What Would Picasso Serve?"











I hope you enjoyed the exhibit!  Hopefully my quilt will travel to Chicago and get to be seen by even more people :) 

1 comment:

  1. I totally missed this exhibit at Festival this year! That place is so big, and one day just doesn't cover everything. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete