Friday, January 20, 2017

Fabric Moratorium!

I am posting this to announce that I am going on a self-imposed fabric moratorium.  Looking around my sewing room, I have a ton of fabric (though much less than many others!) and I need to work on using it up instead of buying new.

This is an old picture (the amount of fabric has increased since then), but you can see where I keep it, in those plastic boxes on my bookshelves.


I am hoping to make it through the end of March, with my stretch goal being the end of April, without buying any new fabric.  Other sewing items, like zippers, interfacing, etc are allowed.  I am still undecided on batting- I am going to try to combine together all my batting scraps to make Frankenbatting as I need it and see how it goes.  I am going to try to use only the thread that I have and reduce my thread collection as well.

My goals for doing this fabric moratorium are:
1. Reduce my fabric stash
2. Force me to be more creative by using what I have
3. Stop spending time and energy looking at all the "newest" and "best" fabrics out there
4. Save money that would be spent on fabric that just sits on my shelves
5. Stop "saving" my favorite fabrics for "someday" projects

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Kat that is a great goal. I should be doing that too, but I was out yesterday and bought some new fatquarter. Did I need them No. But they did enhance my small stash. Good luck and I'll be following along to see how you do.

    ReplyDelete