Monday, October 26, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry #1- Wonky Star Metamorphosis

I am entering two quilts into the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy's Creative Side.  My first entry is "Wonky Star Metamorphosis".


I am entering this quilt in the "Original Design" category since I designed it myself.  The design starts with a wonky star in the center of the quilt and then "morphs" outwards slowly losing its points until the star is completely gone.  It is approximately 42" square.

I used circular quilting starting from the center of the quilt to emphasize the metamorphosis of the star.  The fabrics used are a purple Kona and a Kaufman gray crosshatch in the background.  I went bold and used purple thread for the quilting, a big departure from my normal white and gray.


I love this quilt so I hope that you enjoy it too!  The pattern is actually for sale in my Craftsy shop here if you are interested in making one for yourself!

4 comments: