Monday, October 26, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry #2- Modern Wedding Ring

I am entering this "Modern Wedding Ring" quilt into the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by Amy's Creative Side.

I made this quilt for my nephew who was born this past August.  It is approximately 42" square.  The quilting starts in the center and spirals outwards and is done in a beautiful blue-green thread.  My sister says that I overuse spiral quilting but it is simple, easy to do, and I love the impact that it has on small quilts!

I had been interested in making a wedding ring quilt and come up with the idea of using some neglected half square triangle blocks in the center of the rings.  The quilt is made from Kona cottons.


Sorry I don't have any other pics, but I already gifted the quilt and I guess I didn't take enough pictures before I mailed it away!  I am listing this in the "Modern Quilts" category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I hope that you enjoyed seeing it!

6 comments:

  1. cool and quite modern. neat piece, i like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always guilty of gifting before photographing too. Very pretty and I'm sure whoever you sent it to is loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the mix of the modern hst's with the traditional pattern. And the solid colors just make it so much more striking! LOVE IT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful, I also love using the Kona Solids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty. I love the colors. The pattern is really cool.

    ReplyDelete