Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall Table Topper

I am very excited that it is almost fall.  In Texas, fall means that our high temperatures finally break and we are able to spend time outside without sweating to death.  Also, it means that the humidity will finally drop.  I miss the Northeast, where fall means falling leaves and sweaters.

A couple years ago, I bought this fun leaf fabric at the Quilt Festival with the intention of making something for my table, and now I have finally gotten around to it.  It is 18" square, I just sewed together the two pieces of fabric with a piece of batting the middle, then turned it right side out and did some quick straight line quilting.
 
Yes, I know that it isn't super exciting, so I added some pumpkins and pine cones to complete the feeling of "fall".
 
 
 
I have a giant dining room table so it looks pretty small when you zoom out!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment