Sunday, September 28, 2014

Exciting news!

I have some very exciting news to share!  One of my quilts has been accepted to show at the Houston Internation Quilt Festival this October- it is in the exhibit "What's for Dinner?"!!!!

In this exhibit, the quilts must be the size of a placemat (15" x 24") and they must show "what's for dinner".  From the Quilts, Inc website,

"We’ll “set the table” for this Special Exhibit on the show floor with enlarged “place settings”, complete with a placemat/tablecloth, napkin, fork, knife, spoon, and a plate full of “what you are eating for dinner.” This could be your favorite dinner at home, in a restaurant, or what you have for Sunday dinner. We are excited about this theme and hope that it will show a variety of interpretations, fabric choices, and views into different cultures, rituals, and lifestyles. Think colorful, fun, outside the box, and visually appealing! "

This website has a good look at the exhibit last year and some examples of what people made.

I'm not going to show you what I made yet, you'll have to wait 5 weeks along with everyone else and then I will post lots of pictures!  I'm also excited because my sister is coming down from Connecticut to attend the quilt show with me again, I had so much fun attending with her last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment