Sunday, September 13, 2015

New Pattern- Wonky Stars!

I got my sewing machine back from the shop a couple weeks ago and I immediately started my next quilt!

The name of this quilt is "Wonky Star Metamorphosis" and I have the pattern listed for sale on Craftsy here.  But first, let me tell you all about it!  Here it is laid out in EQ6:


I wanted to make a design where there was a full Sawtooth Star in the middle of the quilt and then have it slowly morph out and lose points as you get closer to the outside of the quilt and eventually just fade into the background color.

Here it is in some different colorways:

And here are some pictures of the quilt in progress (I need to get better at taking pics of the quilt in progress!):


Once it was all assembled, I quilted it with a spiral (of course) from the center out to the sides.  I was brave and used purple thread instead of gray!


Here is the final quilt:

The final size is 42" square.  It makes a great modern baby quilt!

Now go and check out the pattern for this quilt on Craftsy!


3 comments:

  1. Wow what a creative concept for a quilt. I love the colors you chose, purple and grey are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun - good to make us see things differently sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you deconstructed the star!

    ReplyDelete