Thursday, March 10, 2016

My Quilts at Quiltcon, Part 2

Besides my two quilts that were juried into Quiltcon, I had one small quilt for display in a vendor's booth!

I saw a notice from Northcott on the Modern Quilt Guild message boards that they were looking for people to make a small quilt to hang in their booth with their new ColorWorks fabrics.  Unfortunately, I did not see this message until January but I wrote to them and we worked out a deal where I would make them a small 30" square quilt for use in their booth!

Northcott had a beautiful booth at Quiltcon!  All images are from Northcott's Facebook page.


You can see my quilt in this picture!  It is the small one with the bright pink that is on their table with the wheel to spin for prizes.

Here is a better picture:

I will post more pictures of this quilt soon, as well as my process for making it.  I loved using the new Northcott Colorworks fabrics and I absolutely love the half square triangle fabric, I will be buying more of that soon!  It was so much fun working with Northcott and I hope that I will find more opportunities like this in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt. I am getting ready to possibly enter a competition. What advice can you give. My quilt or quilts will be bedsize. What batting would you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy- I can't reply to you directly because you are a no-reply blogger so I will post here and hope that you see it! I always use "Warm & White" batting mainly because it is relatively inexpensive and easily available, but everyone has a different opinion on what batting is best! My main piece of advice when entering a competition is to make sure that you have good pictures. Since you are entering a bed size quilt, try to find an area where you can hang the quilt and see all of it in the picture- not an easy task! Let me know if you have any other questions! -Katie

    ReplyDelete