Monday, March 7, 2016

My Quilts at Quiltcon- Part 1

As everyone knows, Quiltcon was held about 2 weeks ago in Pasadena CA.  I attended with my sister and we had a fabulous time!  Then I came home and found out I caught strep throat, I missed three days of work, and I am still recovering.  Yuck.

However, I had two quilts in the show and I can't wait to show them to you!  But first, a story...

I entered 6 quilts into Quiltcon.  You can enter 3 quilts for $30 and it turned out that I had 4 quilts that I really wanted to enter, 3 of which were made very specifically just to enter into Quiltcon.  My sister insisted that I just throw in 2 other quilts on my 2nd entry in order not to "waste" the rest of the entry.  Those 2 quilts that I entered just to fill out my entry are the ones that got in!  It just goes to show that you really never know what they are looking for!

My first quilt that got in is "Wonky Star Metamorphosis"

I actually made this quilt in the beginning of 2015 because I wanted to write a quilt pattern.  The quilt pattern can actually be purchased from Craftsy.  This quilts was shown in the Modern Traditionalism category.  I experimented a lot with morphing blocks like this this year and it was interesting to see that a bunch of people at Quiltcon had the same idea- I will talk more about this in another post.

Since I am always interested in what kind of comments people get when their quilts are judged, I have made the decision to post my comments below.  I think that all of the comments are fair and true about my quilt.


My second quilt, "Modern Wedding Ring" was displayed in the Applique category.  I have a funny story about this quilt too- I actually created this quilt specifically to enter it into the "Bias Tape Applique" special category at Quiltcon 2015 in Austin.  I submitted it, but it was not juried into the show and it has sat around my house for the past year until I entered it again and it got in this year- I was definitely not expecting that!


And here are my comments about this quilt, I think that they are all fair and true also.


It was so exciting to see my quilts on display and I love saying that "my quilts were juried into an international show" :)

The quilts were returned to me last week, I had them listed for sale at Quiltcon but no one bought them... I will probably re-list them in my Etsy store soon and hopefully I can sell them so I can make room for some new quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment