Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Improvisational Blocks- Irish Chain Twist Quiltalong

This has been a crazy week!  On Friday, my husband and I drove out to Austin (from Houston) and met my sister at the airport.  My sister and I had a quilt displayed at Quiltcon and we wanted to see it there!  We spent all day Saturday at Quiltcon and were totally exhausted.  On Sunday we drove back home, stopping at San Marcos outlets on the way- another exhausting day.  I took off work on Monday to spend some more time with my sister and she just flew home to Connecticut today, I was sad to see her go!

I will post more about our experience at Quiltcon next week, once I have a chance to go through all our pictures.  For today, I just want to show that I have completed my Improvisational blocks for the Irish Chain Twist Quiltalong at Happy Quilting.


It was (mentally) hard to cut these blocks wonky.  I noticed after I cut them that a lot of people did not do the wonky part... I decided just to follow the instructions and go for it.  I am sure that both ways will look great though!  I am continuing to enjoy this quiltalong and I am looking forward to this coming week's assignment!

Also linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

3 comments:

  1. They look fantastic!!! I love how bright and happy they are!!! Great job on getting them all done and even with such a crazy, busy week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on having a quilt at QuiltCon! Love the bright colors paired with the black here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH these bright colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete