Sunday, February 15, 2015

Quiltalong at Happy Quilting

Last summer I participated in my first ever quiltalong and I had so much fun!  I made a wall hanging of Texas, you can see it here. I have been looking around for another one to join ever since that one ended and I am happy to say that I finally found one!

Through another blog that I follow, I found out that Melissa at Happy Quilting is hosting an Irish Chain twist quiltalong.  I loved the way that the quilt looked so I decided to join in!  Luckily I was only a week behind so it won't take too long to catch up.

I quickly decided that I wanted to make the quilt "scrappy" and use my large supply of rainbow colored fabrics.  Then I made a bold choice and decided to go with black for my background, instead of my usual white.  I hope that it will really make all the bright colors "pop" in the quilt.

Here are my scraps, all cut and ready to go!  Other members of the quiltalong might notice that I did not cut the rainbow pieces for the square blocks.  This is because I am waiting to see what the construction method is (if I really need it cut by the WOF) so that I can make it even more scrappy :)


 I can't wait to start sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Katie, I am so glad you found us and joined in. It is going to be so much fun ;) And I absolutely love your scrappy rainbow, it will be stunning, especially with that black background ;) And the WOF strips are so we can strip piece. But if you want more scrappiness, you can cut them in smaller pieces like 12" long or 21" long. Then you can attach them to your background that way. It just means you might end up making one extra strip if your subcutting is in the middle of where you changed prints ;) I hope that makes sense, if not, just continue your plan of waiting until we get to that step ;)

    ReplyDelete