Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween is for the dogs

Often times, I need to put my sewing skills to use for something other than quilting.  This week, it was altering a Halloween costume for my dog :)

We got a turtle costume from Petsmart for our dog for Halloween this year.  Our dog, Pluto the beagle, hates costumes that cover his legs, however, he will tolerate the costumes that velcro around his stomach and neck.  The one problem was that this specific costume only came in a "Small/Medium" or "Large/X-Large" size.  The S/M looked like it was made for a tiny dog, so we had to get the L/XL for our 20-lb Beagle.  Needless to say, it was kind of big on him!

So, I took in a couple inches at the waist velcro and the neck velcro, I shortened the turtle's neck, and I took in the head at a couple seams too.  Pluto seemed to enjoy the fittings... he patiently waited by the sewing machine every time I took in a seam and then he would try it on again so I could figure out what else needed to be altered.  This backfires on me sometimes when he likes to think that everything I sew on the sewing machine should be for him, but I do enjoy having his company while I am sewing :)

Here is the final result:





Now Pluto is all ready for Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. fabulous! love this. Your beagle looks proud. And warm. Our poodle is less patient with costumes now that he's 12. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete