Wednesday, October 22, 2014

WIP- EPP table runner

This is a shameful confession... last year at the Houston Quilt Festival I bought some diamond shapes to use for English Paper Piecing from Paper Pieces.  I was going to make myself a Christmas table runner for my dining room table for this Christmas.  I started working on it last fall and then once it was January I totally stopped working on it for the entire year.  Now it is only a little over 2 months until my deadline and I am nowhere near done!

Here is one of the star units:

And here is what I have done already:
  
I think that I have a couple more stars cut out and then I need to get the whole thing put together.  I have decided that I am going to have to applique the whole thing onto a bigger piece of fabric because my dining room table is very wide and it needs to have a little bit more "presence".  

 Hopefully this week I will be able to get back into hand sewing!

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

1 comment:

  1. or layer this runner on another plain or gold runner that's wider. It seems so finished this way. Love EPP and I'm working on an elongated hexie now. I did diamonds last year and like it a lot. I love hexies though. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete