Friday, February 12, 2016

Christmas presents- Divided Baskets

Last November, I bought the "Divided Basket" pattern from Anna at Noodlehead.  I have used other (free) patterns from her in the past and I was excited to try the Divided Basket.  I was looking for something new to sew for my 2 nieces and nephew for Christmas and this fit the bill.

The pattern was well written and easy to follow... by the time I got to the third one I made I was starting to make adjustments to the pattern and they were starting to go together really quickly.  The crazy part was that cutting out all of the pieces takes as long as sewing the basket together!

I used both interfacings suggested and would recommend to others to do the same, it really helped the fabrics to stand up and keep their shape!

 Fronts of the 3 baskets

Backs of the 3 baskets

I have already used this pattern once since Christmas and see many more of these baskets in my future!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Nice fabric combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric combos! The purple one with the hearts is my fave! I need some more baskets in my house...I might need to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, agreed, those fabrics look great together. I've made fabric baskets but have never put a divider in. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete