Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Quiltcon, Here I Come!!!!

Today I leave for Quiltcon West, in Pasadena California.  I am SO EXCITED!!!

I am lucky to have attended the last two Quiltcons in Austin TX.  I live in Houston and my husband enjoys going to Austin for the weekend and it was an easy drive to just attend the show for a couple hours.

However, this year I am making a bigger deal out of Quiltcon.  My sister is flying out too (from Connecticut) and we are meeting at the Los Angeles airport tonight (knock on wood) and then we are heading to a fun weekend together in Pasadena.

We signed up for 2 workshops, "Textural Quilting" with Angela Walters and "Free-Motion Favorites for the Modern Quilter" with Christa Watson.  We are also signed up for several lectures throughout the course of the weekend.

I have 3 (!) quilts at the show!  Two will be on display in the "Modern Traditionalism" exhibit and 1 will be on display at the Northcott fabrics booth.  I will share all about these quilts and show lots of pictures when I get back next week.

I am excited about Quiltcon- taking classes and seeing my quilts, but I am mostly excited about spending a fun weekend together with my sister and doing everything together with her.

I can't post this post without a picture, so here is my class homework that I had to put together before Quiltcon, it is basically just a bunch of quilt sandwiches to practice the quilting techniques that we learn in class.  I used fabrics that I hate just to get them out of my stash... you can't tell from the picture but those three in the bottom right aren't white, they are lime green :)  Hopefully I don't blind anyone with these colors.  Also, no idea why I own so much maroon?  This didn't really make a dent in it...



No comments:

Post a Comment