Monday, February 15, 2016

Facets QAL with Christa Quilts

I have joined the Facets QAL with Christa Quilts

Here is the final quilt, image from Christa Quilts:
FacetsQALbadge

I got the book "Machine Quilting with Style" by Christa Watson as a Christmas present from my parents and the "Facets" quilt is my favorite quilt in the book.  I had already decided that I wanted to make the quilt and then I found out that Christa was having it as a Quilt A Long (QAL) so I have joined right in.

I am kind of behind right now because of other things I have going on right now and will continue to be behind since I am headed to Quiltcon this week, but that is fine.  

Here is my progress so far...

My colors are this gradient of blues, and the Navy will be the background fabric...

I cut lots of strips...



And sewed them all back together...

Then I cut out the diamonds...

This took me so long and I this is less than 25% of the diamonds that I need!

After a couple more nights sewing I got this...




Turned into this...


50% done with the diamonds!  However, I am panicking slightly because I have used up more than half of the fabric that I bought for the diamonds so I am seriously considering scaling back slightly on the size of the quilt.  Can't wait to keep working on this and see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment