Friday, July 1, 2016

My first Super Tote!

Last November I bought the Super Tote pattern from Anna Graham at Noodlehead and I finally got around to making it!  I bought the Ex Libris panel from Alison Glass at Quiltcon in February because I wanted to make something awesome with it and I decided that the Super Tote would show off the fabric beautifully.

Ex Libris by Alison Glass

After image searching countless other Super Totes as well as other bags using Ex Libris, I decided to use Robert Kaufman Essex Linen in Charcoal as the base of the bag and Kona Cyan as an accent and the interior.  In reality, a bright pink or purple might have looked the best but I decided that the cyan/blue was a more "me" color.

It took me 1 week to make this bag!  The first two nights were dedicated to doing all the cutting and interfacing.

On the third night I put together the outside of the bag.

On the fourth night I made the inside of the bag and sewed it to the outside.  The zipper was the hardest part!  It took me quite a while to figure out the directions.


On the fifth and final night, I did the top stitching on the outside of the bag and sewed the hole shut in the bottom.

I made a custom inside to the bag.  On one side of the bag I did the regular pockets from the pattern.  On the other side, I made a custom cell phone pocket and a key ring to attach my keys so they don't get stuck in the bottom of the bag.


Even though it took 5 nights, I did enjoy making this bag!  I can't wait to use it :)

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday!

2 comments:

  1. What a great looking bag! After a week of hard work you have a big bag to be proud of!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the perfect fabric - what a gorgeous bag!

    ReplyDelete