Saturday, July 9, 2016

Summer Solstice QAL- Flying Geese

This week was the second assignment from the Summer Solstice QAL, hosted by Happy Quilting.

We had to use the "no-waste method" to create our Flying Geese rectangles.  This was my first time ever using the "no-waste method".

When I got to the step below, I was seriously questioning the method, but it amazingly turned out all ok!  The only minus to using this method was that I wasn't really able to control which way my gradient went.  Hopefully it will all turn out ok in the end!


Completed Flying Geese blocks... I am glad that I am only making 1 giant block :)

2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic ;) I am so excited to see this ombre look come together ;) Way to get your geese all made ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! I think the gradient looks pretty good on the blocks you have shown. :)

    ReplyDelete